Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Linz Day 4

Today Michael got up early to go practice with his quartet for the finals round so I met him at the Brucknerhaus for lunch. 

This is the finalist sheet.  The numbers are the order they perform in the finals round. They are the first group (Maize & Blue), the second group is from France, USC is Univ. of South California, and Euphony is from Wales.  

 We ate lunch at this bakery/ deli place off on a side road.  The first couple bites were alright but it got worse and I couldn't finish my meal. 


After lunch we hurried back to the Brucknerhaus for a concert.  Afterwards, I was still hungry because I didn't eat much for lunch so we stumbled on this old cafe` that had the original Linzer Torte cake.  This is the world's oldest known recipe dating back to the 1650's.  It is a kind of spice cake with strawberry filling and almonds on top.  I must say....it was very good! 

Linzer Torte 


After the Linzer Torte Michael was so curious to try another dessert so he got this.  It is the Creme` Torte. In my opinion it was not as good as the Linzer Torte but Michael liked it better.


After dessert tastings, we walked around the town some more and stumbled across a Rolex shop that had a watch worth over 14,000 Euro.













Audrey Hepburn! 

Inside this building on the right is another one of Mozart's houses.  You can't go inside at all but you can look at his picture :) 



The orange VW from last night!! 
 We went inside a souvenir shop and I saw these kitty things.  They were cracking me up so badly I had to take a picture.
Jenna, this is your souvenir. 



This is the first labeled cult I'd ever seen so I thought it was interesting.  
 We walked around a lot trying to find Mozart's house (before we actually knew it was in that other building) and walked over towards the Danube river hoping to find it (according to the map).

We never did but we found some ancient steps and walls leading up the side of the hill so we decided to take an adventure hoping it would lead to an old fortress, ruins or something.






Statue for Johannes Kepler 
 When we reached the top we found it was the entrance to the Linz Castle!  Who would have thought?!












Michael reached the top! 







On the way down,  Michael told me I should practice my walk down the aisle.  So I did :)








Michael is in prison! 






My.....


fiance`....
is....

THOR!!! 
















We FINALLY found Mozart's house!!

This is all we could see of Mozart's house.  Yay. 

This is Michael practicing his photography skills! :) He layed on the ground to get this shot.  He felt like a pro. 


After we finally found the picture of Mozart's house we were tired of wandering around so we headed back to the main square and found a bench to people watch.



We saw a mini- Jacey puppy! 

Euro- Jacey
 Then is was dinner time so we went to our favorite restaurant so far called Rivas and had the best pizza ever- The Milano.  The salami on this pizza is sooooo good! We want to find some dry salami to take back with us.
 This restaurant is so awesome that when this couple came and sat down with their dog,  the waiter brought them menus and a water dish for their pup!

Cute puppy! 

This is my boat. 
 We headed back to the Brucknerhaus for their "Welcome to Austria" concert and we got a free dinner afterwards!! If we would have know we wouldn't have bought pizza prior to the concert.  Oh well.  They served us tradition Austrian food.  I was too stuffed to eat but Michael tasted everything for fun.  He loved the sauerkraut.

I just got some Apfel strudel for dessert.  Surprisingly, it was not very good at all.  We are going to get some in Vienna next week where the dish originated from.  Yay!
Sad apfel strudel.  It was very very dry :(

Thanks for looking through our pictures!!! Today was such an awesome day!! 


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS IT'S EURO-JACEY LYNN!!! HOW FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun and beautiful!! I want the pizza and that little cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete